Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Artist links

Hi Again.
I thought I might copy and paste this list of links I made for my Systems and Structures class; some of these folks relate to our conversations so far, others are just cool. Please check out Lee Bul and Katrina Siggurdardottir. Lee Bul is the Korean artist I mentioned yesterday, and Siggurdardottir might be of interest to Trevor (and others).
-Shannon
Oh--I'm gonna add some of my favourite "pictorial" artists (James Siena, Mark Grotjahn) since this is a Spatial/ Pictorial seminar...

James Siena

Mark Grotjahn

Roman deSalvo

Gay Outlaw (Our visiting artist in April!)

Olafur Elliasson (see his show at SFMOMA before it comes down!)

Crocheted Coral Reef

Data is Nature

Folded Cardboard Furniture

Sarah Sze

Richard Sweeney paper sculpture

Eric Gjerde origami

Lee Bul

Broken glass sculptures by Swiss artist Clemens Weiss

Mary Judge

Katrin Sigurdardottir's landscapes in boxes

Imi Hwangbo

Paper folding by Dr David Huffman

Andrea Zittel

Maya Lin

Tara Donovan

Gregg Fleischman's laser cut structures

Ruth Asawa's tied wire sculptures

Marcel Wander's knotted, resin-impregnated chair

Droog Design "heat wave" radiator

Donald Lipski

Devorah Sperber

Lee Bontecou

Do Ho Suh


Tomas Rivas (my visiting artist last semester)

Damian Ortega

Tim Hawkinson

Gego

Ursula von Rydingsvard

2 comments:

Xiaoqing said...

Shannon, It will be cool if you have the video of Art:21-season 4 and show it in the class. Season 1 or 2 are good too. I really like some artists in season 3 and hope to see more.

Hongbiao said...

I like the way you post these great artists link here. I would like to bring the book "art:21 3" to the class next time so we can share and discuss some topics together.